Re: Celts 0, Suns 0, Refs 1

> From: "Josh O." <igtcjosh@yahoo.com>

> We did get screwed by the refs, but I think we lost
> this game without any help.  bottom line:  you can't
> score 85 points a game and expect to win.  We played
> great D most of the game, rebounded real well, but the
> fact that we couldn't capitalize energized the Suns in
> the 4th.  Antoine had a terrible game, but other guys
> need to step up.  We looked tired...and with Marion
> doing a good job on Paul in the third quarter, before
> Paul started to really force Marion's hand, we didn't
> get any production at all.  And Pierce didn't help --
> During that stretch Paul took some dumb, hard shots.
> We would have been better served getting open threes
> by Brown or Strickland or even Eric.

Well, that's true, but I guess my point is that, if the refs called the
game consistently in the first half, especially when Pierce is taking it
to the hole and getting clobbered, than maybe Paul takes less jump shots
and drives to the hoop more in the second half.  I don't blame him for
going outside -- he was getting *nothing* by driving.  I'm only suggesting
that if Pierce was allowed to drape himself over Marion's back or bear hug
him when he had the ball, the game would have been different.  Josh, it's
not about scoring a certain amount of points; merely scoring more than the
other team is required.

Well, whaddaya gonna do?  You can bitch about the refs for a short while,
but it doesn't change the outcome.  It doesn't help that no one on the
Phoenix Suns ever think they commit a foul.  It doesn't help that the refs
have no conscious.  After I cool off and have at least one Scotch I can
admit that games, like life, aren't necessarily fair -- I just wish they
wouldn't try to hammer home how damn fair they try to be every moment they
can.

Team's got to put it behind them and bounce back.  One thing I really feel
good about is the fact that they were in it at the end, regardless of the
shenanigans.  Like you said, a freak shot by Marbury (I felt good at the
time, too; didn't think it had a good chance of going in), and another by
Pierce (looked good; thought it was going to go ... er, *stay* in the
basket).  Ah, well.

Bird