Re: Defying Joe's dictum and still pulling one out of the trash bin.

on 12/24/01 2:57 AM, bird at birdw@mac.com wrote:

P.S. Say, JB, I believe "defying Joe's dictum" will cost you some state
time (especially, in some southern states), but I can't help myself
(obviously): what dictum are you referring to?  My memory doesn't serve,
clearly.

           ***********
   Sorry Bill, the title was in reference/reverence to our (Celtics'
Stuff's) own; "Musty" Celtic. AKA, "J'Mori, AKA, Joe. Re, following:

>>Now, about this game tonight..our team just does not learn the
"dictums". One dictum: you never play at the speed the opposing defense
wants you to play. You must have control of the playing speed that YOU
want to play-not THEY. First quarter, did it well. The team does this
time and again, they succumb without thinking, to playing at the speed
the defense wants them to play. Turnovers. Too brainfarty shot
selection, everyone AW, Paul, Strickland, everyone. Playing right at the
speed they "let" the defense dictate they must play at. I, in all these
years have just never been able to understand this current Cs team, how
they just can not get control of their own emotions. You have to be
"assassins" 48 minutes, or many times you look up and you have gotten
your butts kicked by a team you shoud have beat. It is unfathomable to
me. Now, later in the third, they have built lead back up almost where
it was; you watch now..they will revert back to defy the dictum again. <<

"J'mori
               ********
   He posted that, in anguish, during the third period last night. Capiche?

              JB

                           Unchain My Heart!