<no subject>

Adam wrote:

I see Obie as a mid-term solution as coach. Sure he has them winning now,
and has helped them become a playoff team (and I think Dick Harter should
get as much credit as Obie for this), but before they can get to the Next
Level they will need a dominant coach. And by dominant coach I don't mean a
yell at you, "my will" will be imposed type. But someone who commands
respect, and is a coaching force. The reason why Kobe and Iverson can be
criticized by there coachs is because their coaches are Power Coaches. They
are among the coaching elite and can say these things without fear of
reprecusions, and knowledge that most of what they say will be taken to
heart by the players. These are the guys who go somewhere and make a team
better. That is what you will need in a few years. For now we can just
hope that the Celtics can not form to many bad habits under Obie (3's 3's
3's) and continue to mature as players.
----

I9m not too sure if Larry Brown is such Power Coach. I believe the sixers
roster compared to the roster of the first half of last season has
completely changed. I remember that the sixers won alot of games in the
first half of the season, but started losing more after trading ratliff and
kukoc. During the offseason, Brown traded even more players. What I9m trying
to say is I think Brown is a great coach to get his teams to the top, but he
has a hard time keeping them there. The clips made playoffs with him but
dropped again, the Pacers once had a big drop with him and I heard he had
the same thing happening with previous teams. I wouldn9t be suprised if
philadelphia will have a bad season this year and will never get back to the
finals again, and finally brown will move on to the next team.