Re: See, it's OK to be critical...

I don't post often, but read almost every message that comes down the pipe.  And here is my take on the Obie/Antoine coaching situation.

I see Obie as a mid-term solution as coach.  Sure he has them winning now, and has helped them become a playoff team (and I think Dick Harter should get as much credit as Obie for this), but before they can get to the Next Level they will need a dominant coach.  And by dominant coach I don't mean a yell at you, "my will" will be imposed type.  But someone who commands respect, and is a coaching force.  The reason why Kobe and Iverson can be criticized by there coachs is because their coaches are Power Coaches.  They are among the coaching elite and can say these things without fear of reprecusions, and knowledge that most of what they say will be taken to heart by the players.  These are the guys who go somewhere and make a team better.  That is what you will need in a few years.  For now we can just hope that the Celtics can not form to many bad habits under Obie (3's 3's 3's) and continue to mature as players.

aDAM