PITINO

Hi, all
    Here I go again!  I don't believe Antoine or anyone else drove Pitino
away except his own pride.  He insulted the fans, insisted on playing "his
system" which was a college system, and just drove himself out.  Antoine may
have his warts like the rest of us, but he's a nice person, who does a great
deal for young people - he's very generous.  I wasn't a big fan at first,
because of the wiggle and a few other things, mainly because I firmly
believe a player needs to prove himself before he showboats (if at all)  but
I've come to realize all the good things about him.  He's a very decent
young man who doesn't deserve to be accused of driving Pitino away.  Even if
he did, I would thank him.  Pitino's demise came as no surprise to me, I
only wish it had come sooner.  O'Brian is a different breed of cat than
Pitino, by far.  No matter that he coached under Pitino, he's not an
egomaniac.  He has no qualms about getting people with big names in to help
when it's needed.  He takes advice, too, from everything I've read about
him, doesn't think he's the only one who knows anything.
    This team is doing well - much better than it has in years.  For one,
I'm just enjoying it.
Dorine