Stop complaining about the Celtics!!

Ok, time to silence the complainers.  You know who you are, those who use
things like Walker's shot selection to "justify" calling the Celtics a
mediocre or even bad team.  Here's a few facts as of today.

The Celtics are one half game out of first place in the Atlantic Division,
behind New Jersey.

The Celtics are tied for second in the Eastern Conference after one quarter
of the season has been played.

The Celtics are one of only five Eastern Conference teams with winning
records against the Western Conference, and the only ones so far undefeated
against the West.  I will accept a minor qualifier in that we have yet to
play some of the top teams, but in the preseason, many people publicly
stated that the least of the West was better than all of the East.

The Celtics have the second lowest PA average in the East--one point up
from New Jersey, and less than a statistical point behind Conference
leading Detroit.

The Celtics are 9-1 over the last ten games, the lone loss being a mental
fart to a team that everyone agrees the Celtics should have beaten.  Said
loss was swiftly avenged in the same ten game stretch.  This record is
better than anyone in the NBA.  Anyone--East or West.

With an identical record in the Western Conference (which seems to post a
lot of wins over Eastern Conference "powerhouses" like the Orlando Magic),
the Celtics would still be in playoff contention, a solid 6th or 7th seed
if the playoffs started today.

So what's the upshot of all these numbers?  Simple.

Stop bitching and rejoice that after so many years, the Celtics are playing
like they should be.  Put aside the reservations and criticisms for a bit
and enjoy the good times.

And stop complaining about those of us who expect the Celtics to win.  We
have had great faith in the team, and now match them with great expectations.

GO CELTICS!!

And that's the view from the doghouse.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle