Re: Philly

Yes, I should mention O'Brien. I mean, with quotes like the "You can't go on
a winning streak unless you win the first game off of a losing streak..."
it's obvious he's one of the great minds of our time. :-) Sorry Paul, it's
going to take some time for me with Obie. But he's proving me wrong.

As for Jalen Rose... I don't know. I've never thought of Jalen Rose as a
selfish player in the least. And Isiah Thomas has proven himself an idiot as
a coach. Maybe he just needs something to screw up, because any team with J.
O'Neal, J. Rose, R. Miller, J. Tinsley and A. Harrington shouldn't be
sputtering along at .500. I guess selfish is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, I'm really trying to accept this team for what it is. It's built
opposite everything I believe about basketball, it often plays in a way that
baffles me... but it's getting the job done. So I'm trying to look past all
the problems I have with the means and just figure they're justified by the
end. I reserve the right to level the same criticisms if they lose 10 in a
row, but for now, I'm riding the wave.

Mark