A perfect 11.

   Last night's game started out with an 11-2 run, which was perhaps the
best this team can play. The defense was active and stifling and
offensively, every player scored (Walker had the three of course). At that
point, they relaxed on defense, seemingly figuring that the Bulls couldn't
beat them. They were almost wrong.
   Kenny Anderson led the offense and got easy shots for everyone on the
floor, as the lead went to 16 (Walker scored 11 early points, from a variety
of locations), before Palacio entered the game. By the end of the first
period, the lead was down to three. Palacio is the anti-point guard, the
offense deteriorated into a three point flurry and only Anderson's
re-insertion, ended the bleeding. While the level of play never rose to the
early heights, when Anderson was on the floor, we appeared to have control.
   About mid-way through the second period, just as Heinsohn was commenting
on the unfair officiating(the C's hadn't taken a foul shot in over 22
minutes) Anderson was called for a foul he didn't like (his third) and went
to the bench and received two technicals and was ejected. Even sitting next
to Randy Brown was not sufficient to muzzle Kenny. From that point, it
appeared we would lose. Mercer and Phizer had it going and Brad Miller
dominated inside. As it turned out, O'Brien finally sat Palacio, turning the
point guard duties over to Strickland and Pierce heated up to erase a six
point deficit mid way through the fourth period. Down the stretch, the
defensive intensity returned and Strickland and Pierce scored enough to get
the win.
   Battie played his best game of the season. While Anderson was on the
floor, Joe Johnson played  like a young Rick Barry.
   Please Mr. Wallace, get us another point guard.

              JB

                           Unchain My Heart!