Walker--reply

I watched parts of the game.  I usually tape them in order to spend time with my wife in the evenings.  Then I view them carefully.  I did see the last quarter, and didn't we all know what was coming?  Even my wife understands playing down to the level of your competition.

If I saw the whole game, I would be able to criticize each performance.  I did "wince" at seeing V throw up a 15 footer, I did question why Paul waited for the defense to get on him in the last seconds (and I agree with the criticisms about his "ball-hogging"), I don't like Strickland's shot selection, and I didn't like Palacio playing the last few minutes instead of Kenny.  We needed someone who could make a shot.  My previous post was about how future games would be lost by reliance on Paul at crunch time and Antoine's poor shot selection. Still.

I am no Antoine basher.  I think he is a great basketball player who is confused about his offensive abilities.  But I don't enjoy watching him shoot.  He has few well developed shots; only the three has any rhythm to it.  His short jumper is getting better as is the jump hook.  But the shots he took down the stretch were not merely ill-advised, they were hopeless; he's not Strickland with an occasional ill-timed three point attempt, or Paul who misses shots he should be taking, or V who may hit on two of six shots--he's Antoine Walker, our leading player who throws up any and all shots because he's a "star."  I just think a team leader should exercise some control.  I want him to play in a way that benefits the team.  Please don't tell me that those of you who have played the game can justify his offensive game.  The difference is, again, he takes shots he should never be taking, when they shouldn't be shot, and basketball people all over know that's true.  And that's why we lost the game and will lose many more.  Ask Tommy what he thinks.  Cheers,  Gene

P.S.  Paul, I agree with your comments and think O'Brien is partly to blame, here; and I am glad to see us winning, but I don't expect any great move until Walker becomes a disciplined player.
Send your FREE holiday greetings online at Yahoo! Greetings.