win v. Phoenix

Any kind of win vs. an excellent Phoenix team is great.  High points were Williams all around game, scoring, defense, and pep.  He's showing why many loved him as a rook.  Johnson had a good game with rebounding and scoring.  He's coming back just fine.  Strickland and Palacio were at their near best, as was Battie.  These guys are getting better.  Just wait until we can bring in Kedrick when Pierce is on the bench.

I agree with those who suggest we will have trouble in future games because of Antoine's shot selection and an overemphasis on Pierce at crunch time.  Last night, we went to Antoine a lot with ten to twelve seconds on the shot clock; that's a formula for a second-best shot.   We need a few simple plays to Johnson or Battie off the double teams.

I am enjoying Heinsohn's remarks.  They are heavily about Antoine; wonder if the 'Toine ever hears it.  Heinsohn wouldn't mince words if he were the tutor.  Oh, well; we won with a great team effort.  Cheers,  Gene
Send your FREE holiday greetings online at Yahoo! Greetings.