Blow out!

   I saw the last three periods only. The Nuggets hung around for a while,
but St. Paul, after a rocky start, descended into another plane.  There are
few players, past or present, that can/could  duplicate the variety of
offensive skills that he displayed. Let it be also said;  he never relaxed
defensively or on the glass. He was intense and effective.
   Walker did some nice things, hit a few threes, a few inside moves, but I
couldn't help feeling that he is still the skunk at the TEAM garden party.
Heinsohn blasted him a few times for stupid plays; shots and passes that
were ill advised. O'Brien is sitting him more than Pitino did. This is good
for the team and as fans we can get a better idea of what this team can do,
with a different focus.
   Anderson created well, stayed in control, but particularly, when Walker
came off the bench, middle of the third period, he took the ball from
Kenny's hands and almost let Denver back in the game, with missed shots and
turnovers, when we needed to keep up the pressure. There was one nice cut
into the lane, for which Kenny rewarded him, with an easy shot from right in
front. I hope we see more of this.
   Kenny could not stop Van Exel, but neither could Palacio. Only Dan Issel
could and for some strange reason, shut Nick down early.
   Palacio was a bit more effective. He did make a few entry passes. Randy
Brown played garbage minutes and of course, took a thundering charge.
   Battie is starting to stir to life. This correspondent reported last
game, that Tony looked more aggressive. We saw more of that and this time it
showed up in the scoring as well as rebounding. Vitaly looks better and
better each game. I think he needs to review his offseason workout habits.
Again our centers outplayed the opposite big men. Raef who?
   Joe Johnson played smooth, hit a few shots, but displayed a lackadaisical
attitude toward rebounds, which I noticed last game and almost had a few
stripped for lack of aggression.
   Hard to complain about a blow out. When is the last time we saw real
garbage time for 5-6 minutes? We still need to complete the transformation,
to a team who moves without the ball and looks for the best shot, before we
truly deserve and can sustain our league leading status.

              JB

                           Unchain My Heart!