No Subject

On a club where the two largest problems are defense and settling for jump
shots, he is an avid defender and adept at getting to the hoop (and to the
free throw line).

``I break up our stereotype,'' Williams said. ``I'm pretty much one of
those guys that's going to do the opposite. I'm pretty much driving to the
basket before I shoot the jumper. And defense is my thing. It's a good
complement to our team.

``I'm just one of those type of players that tries to fill in the holes of
what's lacking on the floor. We've got guys that can score and I know that.
Paul and Antoine are our first two options, and we've got a point guard
(Kenny Anderson) who can create his own shot also. I just have to find my
niche with this team. So I took the role of being more of a defensive
player and being a coach on the court with these guys.''

I have to say I'm being converted into an Eric Williams fan (or rather,
re-converted, as I used to be his fan in his rookie year and was excited
when he was re-acquired). I think his self-assesment (see above) is
largerly correct -  he definitely fills a need for this team. This is
especially true with Joe Johnson's more rookie-like play lately.
Kestas