RE: 4-1 on the road

None taken Cecil, this is just basketball.

But just because they have played great basketball doesn't mean that a trade
wouldn't be viable or an upgrade to the team. It doesn't make it a
complaint.  There hasn't been a championship won by an all drafted team that
I know of.  You have to make trades to get better.  It sure sounds like
Gasol is going to be a player but I don't think I'd trade Pierce for him.
Leaders are harder to come by then basketball players and I think Pierce is
going to be a solid leader of the Celtics.

Remember that as fans we can only make judgments about players based on what
they actually do on the court.

Would it have surprised anyone if Walker had gotten a tech foul when he got
tossed the other night?  Of course not.  It was a chintzy foul but he was
able to control his emotions like many of us believe and expect him to do,
but others wouldn't find fault if he didn't.  Plus remember that because he
is in reasonable shape this year and is way ahead of where he was at this
time the past 4 years.  Every year someone points out the team could win 10
more games a year if the players came into camp in shape.  This year they
did.  When your tired you are more likely to make poor decisions.

Would it have surprised anyone if Anderson was outplayed by Palcio?  Not
based on what we have seen this year and last year. Anderson needs to start
playing for his next contract this year.  It was nice to hear that he is
going back to his strengths as far as his game goes.  The mid-range jumper
and penetration will open the floor for the others.

I have always liked Williams and do think he plays good D, but his key is
that he draws fouls.  He is the master at that.  He is very strong and can
muscle his opponent.  The problem is his cap space for a bench player.

Does anyone support the "chuck up the threes" style of Obie?  Or do you
prefer the fast break style they have played in their wins?

The question of the Strickland signing was if it would be better to pick up
a big man Vs. another guard.  He is playing great IMO, signing for the
minimum after opting out of a $2-3 mill/year contract has certainly focused
his attention.  Unless that's what he wants to make again next year I
suspect the effort will continue.

I wasn't the only one on this list to suggest that a big key to this season
would be the play of Battie.  He looks to be getting stronger and really
makes a difference inside some nights. Toronto still had 35 pts in the paint
Vs. 2 for the C's though. So even in a win there are things to work on.

(I have to say that the "block" and "steal" of HO by VP should go on a
highlight reel to be played at his retirement some day.)

I would suggest that the many prior posts referencing poor play are very
valid.  It has always been said the fans would support the team IF they
played hard and played smart.   When they don't play that way do you think
it's an accident?  Win or lose, if they play hard I'll support them.  If
they don't play hard I won't.

On the road trip the team has exceeded my expectations, as well as other
peoples expectations I would think.  Enjoy it.  I am.

>"We have heard all year long that this is no more than a 2-man team that
has
>zero chance if the 2 are not on their game."

All year long?  9 and 6 is a good start but 15 games does not a season make.

I'm staying positive and looking forward to Wed.  I'm sure everyone else is
too.

<Jim

Jim Hill