Getting Strategically Booted

>>Shawn Niles wrote:
>>
>> > Watch basketball Ray.
>>
>>I just did.
>>

>> > You will notice that a lot of times teams will get
>> > fired up after their coach is ejected.
>>
>>Could it be that what the coach was doing, wasn't working.
>>

>> > It can serve as a rallying cry.
>>
>>Or remove an hindrance to success. Kind of like when Walker exited the game.
>>No worry about him tossing up stupid shots or missing free throws in the
>>clutch.

When I watched the game (with Mrs. Celtics Beagle) she asked why a "guy in
a suit got thrown out" (be nice, she's not a sports type, but she does know
"yay Celtics  and Yay anybody playing against LA").  I explained who
O'Brien was, and how Red Auerbach set records for deliberate
ejections.  She later said, "The Celtics played much better after their
coach got 'Auerbached'!"--I thought that was a cool description.  I also
agreed.  Plus, I was relieved Walker got tossed, as I admit his shot
selection and perceived reluctance to pass out of the double team can be a
liability in close games.  But he was prowling the sidelines, exhorting his
team, which spoke well of him.

The Celtics should take up a collection to pay the Coach's ejection fine as
a "thank you" gesture.  :>)

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle