For the ages.

   A new chapter in Celtics' lore was written this afternoon. Paul Pierce
officially joined the pantheon of legends, who have worn the green. In what
must be the most extreme display of Jeckyl/Hyde;, Mr. Pierce, the "Truth,"
shot 1-16, in the most dismal 1st half, this side of Antoine Walker, we are
ever likely to see. In the second half, he just took over the game. His
scoring, from all parts of the floor; fade-away jumpers, threes, drives and
almost flawless free throw shooting, helped overcome a 14 point New Jersey
lead, to give the C's a two point advantage with 5 seconds left. At that
point Mr. Walker, who played a very strong game, 18 rebpunds, 25 points, in
spite of no luck/no calls, around the basket, fouled out, charging Van
Horne, in the corner, giving him  three foul shots. Luckily for Antoine,
Keith only made two of them.
   In the overtime it was Piercetime. More shots raining on various
defenders. Single, double, triple teamed, it didn't matter. After scoring 2
points in the first half, Paul scored, I believe, 42, in the second. He also
had double digit rebounds. He seemed so out of sync in the first half, but
when O'Brien was baited and tossed early in the third period by Jess Kersey,
Pierce seemed to take it personally. He scowled, he grimaced, he fought
tooth and nail, for that victory.
   Kenny Anderson played very well. One of the keys to the win, was allowing
him to control the offense. He hit some big shots, made some key passes, and
controlled the tempo. I'm not sure how many minutes he played, but, I know
it was way too many. They might have to bury him right there in the
Meadowlands with Jimmy Hoffa, if they don't get another point guard. Khalid
is still loose Chriss!
   With Walker fouling out, it also pointed up the need for a Michael "The
Animal" Smith type power forward. Both of these players are out there. Both
could help us and both come cheap. Make these moves, please.
   There are a few adjustments this team needs to make:
   1. Paul and Antoine need to run the wings. Anderson is always trying to
break, but no one is out there.
   2. When Paul or Antoine take off for the hoop, past the first defender,
there is always the center coming over to help. Vitaly and Battie , were
both observed curling to the basket, wide open. If the pass was made, it
would be an easy hoop.
   I agree with Josh, with these conditions. A back up point guard and power
forward, a bit more running and passing to the open man and we can easily
contend in the Eastern conference.
   By the way, we made our foul shots.

               JB

                           Unchain My Heart!