Re: Another meaningless win?

In a message dated 12/1/01 12:45:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
damekmo@teleport.com writes:

> Do the wins count yet?

     No, of course not.  To count, a win must have a certain moral purity,
with at least seven players in double figures.  And no win counts if either
Pierce or Walker is leading scorer.
     After the Pacer game a week or two back, I said that if the Celtics took
two of the first three on the road trip I would hold out some hope for the
season.  Of course, I did not expect that they would (1) lose clunkers to
Atlanta, Atlanta and Toronto, or (2) lose to the Wiz.  But then they beat
Miami, Orlando and now New Jersey.  Folks, when you come off a five game road
trip with at least three wins, you're doing OK in my book.
   [Major understatement follows]  Nice game by Pierce, huh?