Re: Bargain hunting

on 8/22/01 10:49 PM, Georgek27@AOL.com at Georgek27@AOL.com wrote:

In a message dated 8/22/01 7:57:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JBMetzEA@AOL.com
writes:

> New York needs a center. What about a trade
> of Battie/Potapeko and Eric Williams  for Strickland  and Othella
> Harrington?

Not only is this another case of the grass being greener on the other side
but

A) We'd be trading a major part of our center rotation for a PG who hasn't
proved anything at his prior stops and a PF who would get 5-10 minutes tops
behind Antoine.

B) Marc Strickland is property of the NJ Nets.

As for Charlie Ward he earns 5.5 mil in 01-02, 6 mil in 02-03, and 6.5 mil
in
03-04.

George

    By now it has been called to my attention, a few times, LOL, that it's
Eric Strickland, the point guard and not Mark, that I would like on the C's.
Sorry !
   Anyway, Othella Harington may be more productive at center than any of
our three. He had some very good games in Houston, when Olaijuwon was hurt
two seasons ago. What happened to him in Vancouver, I don't know? I do know,
it would give us a consistent inside scorer/rebounder who is very
comfortable banging down low. Yes, Walker, plays most of the minutes there,
but maybe he could move around a bit, as some other poster suggested, if he
wont bang and rebound, something has to be done at the 4.
   As for Ward; yes his contract is big, but he has heart and some point
skills. If NY is desperate to move him, would they like our point guard
albatross? We could throw in a lot of very fine automobiles.

-JB-

Unchain My Heart!