Re: One that got away

----- Original Message -----
From: Berry, Mark S <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 7:59 AM
Subject: One that got away

> Suns center Jake Tsakalidis has caught the eye of an expert on big guys.
> Pete Newell, former University of California coach who conducts his annual
> Big Man's Camp in Hawaii, has been impressed with Tsakalidis during
workouts
> in Honolulu.
> "Jake Tsakalidis improves every hour, it seems," Newell told the Honolulu
> Advertiser. "He seems more sure of himself. He's a big guy, about 275
> pounds, and I think he's a potential star."

Newell is famous for his camp as well as his hype. I've seen the same
comments attributed to Olowokandi in years prior. As we all know Kandi is
just barely coming along. A more telling story on Jake is his 7.4 point 5.6
average put up in that summer league the rocky mountain revue. If he was
really that good he shoulda dominated.

Art