RE: One that got away

It would have been worth the gamble considering we only got Mosio, but would Rick have picked him, as I don't think he really fits Ricks system.

-----Original Message-----
From: Berry, Mark S [mailto:berrym@BATTELLE.ORG]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 10:59 AM
To: 'celtics@igtc.com'
Subject: One that got away

Hindsight is 20-20, but Big Jake would have been a good pick last year.
Remember all the reports about the Celtics' interest? Something we should
think about the next time someone says impact centers aren't available after
the first three picks. Anyway, here's a note from the Arizona Republic:

Suns center Jake Tsakalidis has caught the eye of an expert on big guys.
Pete Newell, former University of California coach who conducts his annual
Big Man's Camp in Hawaii, has been impressed with Tsakalidis during workouts
in Honolulu.
"Jake Tsakalidis improves every hour, it seems," Newell told the Honolulu
Advertiser. "He seems more sure of himself. He's a big guy, about 275
pounds, and I think he's a potential star."