agreed on the Bucks, but

I see your point, Mark.  The Bucks can add a lot by adding Mason.  And I like their team and coach a lot.  But I think we're there with them.  And while I harbor trade fantasies that ship Antoine for Jason Kidd or Antonio McDyess or even Stromile Swift (yes, I think we could have had A. Jamison a year ago, when he was struggling and I expect Swift to be a great rebounder/shot-blocker #4, just what we need), still I think our team will compare favorably with the Bucks this year.  Wait til you see the Truth this season!

Now, for all his contributions and potential, I still see Antoine as the player who, if he doesn't get it together as team leader and all round contributor THIS SEASON, I would look to trade for a two dimensional player who will give us those two dimensions regularly.  With PP and JJ and others able to score now, we need the rebounding and low post scoring that AW can contribute.  His 3 point contributions are only duplications at this point; we need his PF abilities, not SF abilities.  Otherwise, we should trade for a real PF.  I don't really care that he can pass and dribble, except as that comes from the inside game.  A defensive rebounder who has a decent jumper would contribute more to us now that we have more scorers.  Add a distributor point to that and we're right there with Philly.

Still, I'm hoping that by adding JJ and Kedrick, we can force AW into contributing what we need.  Heck, I still have a decent left-handed hook, but my family needs groceries and yard-work and so that's what I give them.  Russ could have scored 35 a game, but he chose to give the old Celts what they needed, thus becoming the best team player (and player, I think) ever.

Cheers,  Gene (I've checked the archives and find no record of my hook shot on film--sorry)