It's half-full guys

Wow!  What excellent posts on the short-term prospects.  Keep it coming.  I see us being much better and hope that means ten more victories; who knows how better attitude, teamwork, conditioning, etc. will affect the W-L columns?

My take is that the sophs will help more than last year:  Palacio, who should get at least 20 minutes a game and Blount, likewise about 20 min., are much more confident and ready to play--plus, they won't look to shoot that much.  I also, for no logical reason, think Moiso will begin to contribute, if even in a sideways manner.  Sort of like my wife contributing in the kitchen when she microwaves her own dinner!  (Just kidding, honey).  Moiso has tools and I think he won't hurt us when he's in there.  Given 40 games with 10-15 minutes he might begin to learn the game.  I would try it rather than let him languish on the bench.  Really, why play EW (as AW's backup) when Moiso might develop into something special?  So, we have three sophomores, all of whom should be better contributors.

We also have three rooks who should contribute.  I began to watch the Shaw's game again after letting it rest for two weeks.  JJ is certainly no less than what we've been saying.  Notice how he moves with the dribble at half speed, feinting into the lane and pulling back for a jumper.  I suspect he can get a good look any time he needs to, especially as a 6'8" two guard.  Plus, he is an excellent defender.  This kid is worth getting the dish for, if you don't have one.

KB moves like Karl Lewis on the track, like Jim Brown on the turf, like Anna Kournikova on the court (oh, well, it should encourage you young guys that someone in his late fifties still has an eye for talent).  Back to KB.  His athleticism is all the more effective, I think, because he controls it.  He doesn't leap tall buildings on every play; and he doesn't make all his shots, but he does show excellent form and ability to get the short jumper off.  He can play two or three with ease because of his muscle and leaping ability.  Any combo of KB and JJ plus Palacio or Forte when AW or PP are resting gives us excellent defense with mobility out the kazoo and real fire power.  Am I pumped or what!

And Forte.  If he contributes a little (say 6 points plus whatever on the floor), it will make a big difference.

Did you see that Antoine and Pierce are working out together?  What more evidence do we need that our go-to guys are ready to make this team successful?  The others--Battie, VP, and Kenny--are important, but I'm tired now.  I think we will be very good and I put us alongside Milwaukee and Charlotte.  They're no better.  We're too complimentary of those guys and Orlando and NY and Miami.  We'll beat the whole lot.

Well, back to Europeantennisbabes.com

Cheers,  Gene