Re: Free agents 2003/2004

on 8/2/01 1:02 PM, Ravi Singh at kelticsfan@home.com wrote:

As of today, these folks are some of the free agents available in 2003.  It
could be that some of them are on Wallace's radar screen and with a plan in
place to open up cap space for that time, some of these guys may be a
realistic possibility:

Alonzo Mourning
Elden Campbell
Gary Payton
Jermaine O'Neal
Karl Malone
Lamar Odom
Shawn Marion
Tim Duncan

For 2004:

Abdur-Rahim
Jason Kidd
Kevin Garnett
Rasheed Wallace
Stromile Swift
   ****************
   Not a bad looking group Ravi, and a nice analysis of how the C's might
court them also. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Bob Cousy has tea
with Washheed Wawace.
   Joking aside, the only justification for not stregthening some of our
weaknesses is to keep a firm mind, on being under the cap, when a few of our
unproductive salaries run out.
   I'm still not satisfied though, that a 500,000 two year contract to
Jaques Vaughn would have ruined that tea party.
   There are others out there, we could get them cheaply, but if we wait too
-JB-

Unchain My Heart!