Re: don't see nobody

gkir@tjc.tyler.cc.tx.us writes:

> We need a major upgrade at center, not a journeyman or an aging star.

     Concur.  Hakeem had, I think, 11 points and 7 boards in 58 games last
year, as opposed to career totals of 25 ppg and about 11 boards.  If the Cs
were in serious title contention, I'd take a chance on him for a year, a la
Bill Walton, but no more than that.
     Also, as an older member (50+) of this list, it is sad to me to see
folks like Hakeem and Ewing, whose best days are far behind them, moving
after so many years just for a few more bucks.  It makes me admire Stockton
and Malone all the more - entire career in one city, even though they could
have made more money elsewhere.  Hakeem should have retired a Rocket.
 - Doug