Re: state of celtic nation

Bos3332@aol.com wrote:
So are we going to bring in a President or Director of operations in to run
the team. What happened to this talk about Ainge, or Embry? I can not see
rich Pond running this team or giving ful control to Wallaca and Papile(sp?).
What is going on?

Tony

this is what i'm saying. there's too much at stake to simply plod ahead without a clear vision of the goals and how to achieve them. it's too late now to sell the team before the draft but i called for gaston to sell way back when. maybe if an agreement can be reached and bird can come in before taking over and get things organized for the draft. i just think that with the current ownership/leadership the future is too uncertain. it seems to me that retaining obrien was the easiest, least threatening thing to do. as much as the players seemed to enjoy playing for him i am fairly certain he's not the guy. the best thing gaston could do for the celtics and their fans is to say he's selling the team pending league approval and to bring in bird to run the operation. bird then gets to decide on all personnel including coaches, draft picks, free agents, contracts, etc. he's one of the few i'd trust and my first choice, and the first choice of many on this list, i'm sure. will it happen? probably not. what are we left with? guys who i don't have confidence in deciding the future of this team.  realistically this draft could supply us with 2 solid players (either through picks or through trades in combo with other players) who could be starters and possibly allstars for the next decade. this is how championship teams are built. a key trade or free agent pickup and there you are, back in contention. so i guess my question is, does gaston really care whether the celtics become champions again and does he care what is legacy will be as an owner of the most storied franchise in nba history? if he does care then he obviously does not know what he's doing or he's listening to the wrong people. you know what? i'd love to be proven wrong next season on the court. bob