re alvin williams (was re: should have got rid of them all)

> I'll confess that I thought Alvin Williams was a third-string type point
> guard,

Remember though that Alvin Williams WAS a third-string PG until he was
tutored by Mark Jackson for the first half of this year. Williams gives
Jackson full credit (during TV interview) for transforming his PG play. It
was only *after* this learning experience that Toronto finally felt
comfortable in giving Alvin control of the team. Perhaps it is needless to
say, but I doubt Alvin would have received any training that would have been
comparable here on Rick P's Celtics. (BTW doesn't a story like this make you
wonder how much truly valuable tutoring the players get? I mean look at
Battie and Pot and consider how much better they cold be - despite their
talent level - if they got such tutoring from a big man comparable to Mark
Jackson as a PG.)

cheers - Tom Murphy