BSG: 4 Interesting Players For The Celtics

Yeah, I saw this and I'll pass on all counts. The only one who is
interesting is Coleman, just because it means getting rid of Kenny, but I
don't really want Antoine anywhere near Derrick Coleman. DC isn't exactly
the poster child for physical fitness or team-first basketball. As for the
others... Richmond is finished, Knight is too small and can't shoot, and
Eisley is too expensive for what you're getting.

One more thing on the draft... Alabama's Gerald Wallace declared yesterday.
This guy was the player of the year in HS and had something of a
disappointing freshman season with the Tide. He's an ultra-athletic swingman
who jumps out of the gym and plays hard. The question is his outside shot.
Anyway, Chris Wallace has said many times that the Celtics need to get more
athletic, and I could see the Celts taking a flyer on this guy with a pick.
He needs seasoning, but the knock on McGrady used to be that he couldn't
shoot. I don't know if it would be at 10 or 11, but I'll be shocked if he
lasts to 21. I'm not advocating it (unless he's the best player available,
and he may be), but Gerald seems like a guy to watch as we move further into
the draft process.

By the way, I'm enjoying the draft talk, but trying to keep in mind how
early this is. Did we know who Dirk Nowitzki was three years ago? Or Jason
Williams? Did anyone really know Jamal Crawford or Keyon Dooling at this
time last year? Could Wallace be this year's Crawford? Could Paul Gasol be
Nowitzki? We won't know for more than a month.

Mark