Guidelines For The Celtics Draft

1. Since it's much better to come up with one very good
or great player, than three solid guys, don't hesitate to trade up.

2. If someone you like in the draft, starts drfiting down, don't
hesitate to trade up.  It's unlikely you're going
to luck out on another Paul Pierce type situation.
Those happen once every 10 - 15 years.

3. All the impact centers, with a few exceptions, are always taken
within the top 5 picks.  So any center that's available for the
Celtics at 10 or 11 isn't exactly going to be
championship material.

4. Shane Battier will be a solid player, but most likely not an
All Star.

5. Kwame Brown is the best of the high-schoolers.

6.  Eddie Griffin has special skills.

7. DeSagana Diop is Ki Swahili for I Have No Offense.

8. Ousmanne Cisse is the next Bo Outlaw. Might be a nice
selection at 22.

9. I'm not ruling out the Celtics getting lucky in the lottery
and moving up to number 3. If that's the case, draft
Griffin or Brown.

10. Beware of workout warriors and tournament troubadors.

Ray