Re: [Fwd: May On The Accountability of Wallace/Papile]

--- You wrote:

Can't like the deal, where they would have sent a first
and Walter McCarty for $3 million.... Stupid trade.
--- end of quote ---

Yup, and the one where they give up all three picks to get rid of Kenny and
pick up Laettner is even worse. Ok, so they didn't do them, but if they even
seriously considered those deals - and it seems that they did -  that speaks
volumes of the current thinking in the Celtics brain(dead) trust.
It's also possible that the pressure to seek deals like these is coming from
Thanksdad who, after the free-spending fiasco with Pitino, is now operating in
a "fiscally resposible" mode: give up potential talent to clear salaries, keep
the current (undoubtedly very low-priced) management crew, don't hire anyone
new, find good-bang-for-the-buck CBA players etc. The problem with this
strategy, obviously, is that while it'll help Thanksdad's bottom line, it won't
help our winning % very much.
All this talk about us not needing any more rookies is making me really nervous
- we sorely need more talent on this team, and basically the only way for us to
get it is to draft well, or to trade Antoine or Pierce + picks [Note to fantasy
GMs out there: we can't just trade the picks for a good player because of
salary cap, and nobody is going to trade  a good player to us for picks +
salary cap ballast]. Even if we had the cap space, no big-time free agents will
sign with us for the obvious reasons. We'll get the Randy Browns and Chris
Carrs of the NBA again. Would someone remind to Thanksdad/Pond/Wallace that
draft picks are on CHEAP contracts  for 4 years, and that they are the only way
for us to acquire potentially great players without trading Pierce and/or
Walker?
I'm afraid, very afraid...

Kestas