Re: Real GM mock draft

"Berry, Mark S" wrote:

> I think your list is about right Josh, but I don't like Woods. I have the
> list at eight deep, counting Battier (who isn't a good fit with Toine, even
> if he is a good player). You're right that there's usually a wild card, but
> we don't know who yet. Maybe it's Woods, maybe Haywood (who I like much
> better). Maybe it's the Alabama kid, Wallace. If Ming/Williams do come out,
> it could open the door to some exciting possibilities.

I think that a probable wildcard will be Terrance Morris of Maryland. He just
has the right athletic and fundamental tools where he will wow teams in
workouts. A lot of the time wildcards are players who wow teams in the
individual workouts and its almost a given that Terrance will shine in those. He
should also do very well at the various pre-draft camps where its similar to an
All-Star game, each player is just trying to show off their stuff and not
worried about in-game situations.

> So much of the future of this team depends on what they see/do with Antoine.
> Do they move him to SF? PG? Do they keep him at PF? Do they trade him when
> his BYC comes off and his value is at its peak? I don't have a feel for what
> they plan for him. That's one of the reasons I was hoping to bring in a new
> personnel guy, because I believe it's easy to get too close to the team. I'm
> not so sure Wallace and O'Brien can objectively assess Antoine anymore. I'd
> like to see what a fresh perspective sees in Toine.

I really like Tom's suggestion of Rasheed Wallace. I'd be either keeping Antoine
and playing him at the point or trying to find a deal with someone like Wallace
or a sign-and-trade package for C-Webb.

I would also do the Kenny trade for Vin Baker so long as Vin would re-write his
contract - which is possible; Washington's already done that this year........