third man theme

I am convinced that the solution to the Walker dilemma is found in the
next draft choice we make.  We need that third man to balance out our
two-legged stool.  To me, that can best be found in a take-charge
point guard.  I think that whichever team drafts Jamal Tinsley will
have such a player.  He is capable of being the man.  By handling the
offense evenhandedly, he will give Walker his touches.  Plus, Tinsley
and Palacio would give us two very strong and durable points.  No
other point would be necessary.

If not, we need someone like Battier whose overall play forces the
others into accepting their own roles.  Battier could start.  After
him,we should go for the best rebounding center with one of the picks,
in order to complement the Battier/Walker duo.  Even with Palacio as
starting guard, that could be an effective unit.

So, those are my two hopes.  Tinsley and Battier, either or both.  I
think Battier will slip down a little bit; coach K's words won't mean
that much once the weak teams get to salivating over the "potential"
players.  Bottom line:  since we won't trade Walker, we must make him
accept some reasonable role; harnessed talent is so much more
successful.

Once thing that impressed me in first round games:  Charlotte's
firepower.  Wow!  We need to match that.  Enough.  Gene