Per Pond Wallace and Papile to stay

This was on the net yesterday but I didn't see any reference to it on the
list.  So here it is.

"The Boston Herald, citing league sources it did not identify, reported
Thursday that Wallace also would receive a promotion because the team has
decided not to hire a director of basketball operations to serve above him.
Chief executive officer Rich Pond had previously said that he expects to
keep Jim O'Brien, who took over as coach when Pitino left in January.

"I would say that we're fortunate enough to have some very talented
basketball people in Coach O'Brien, Chris Wallace and (player personnel
director) Leo Papile," Pond said. "Everything's always in a state of flux in
this business, so it's always subject to change, but my feeling right now is
that we'll probably go forward with the talent that we have in hand.""

This makes sense to me, for now.  We don't know what these guys can do
without Pitino. We don't know if cheapskate Bird is going to find someone to
come up with the cash.  I don't see any big names out there to hire.

I don't want to listen to another "coach" whine about who he didn't draft.

The key is to resign Pierce.  Everything else is secondary.

<Jim