RE: My fear...

--- You wrote:
Yeah, he has to get a degree before he declares.
WHY?  Didn't he ever hear of taking classes in the
offseason?  Anyway, it's not like he's ever going to have
to find a job; once you're drafted, you are financially
secure for ten generations.  I almost feel like it would
serve him right to break his foot and end up being picked
at the end of the first round.
--- end of quote ---

While it's a bummer for us if he indeed stays in, it does show a certain
admirable (if somewhat pointless, as you say) ability to resist instant
gratification and finish what you started. It's a quality that I would want the
players that I draft to have, if I were an NBA GM.  And Kenyon Martin still got
picked first after breaking his leg (which, though, at the time did not look
like a career-threatening injury).
Kestas