Re: quote about Pierce from Vecsey's column

> "Paul has gotten swept away by his scoring binges and the adulation," a
> teammate groaned a couple days ago. "He stopped passing as often as he
> should when double teamed. Stopped making the extra pass. That throws
> everyone else off and guys are (bleeped)."
>
> My take: This is the thanks he gets for carrying this team down the stretch?
> Check out his shooting percentage compared to Antoine's and tell me Pierce
> is the one getting carried away... How anyone could complain about Pierce's
> play the last two months is beyond me. Who on the Celtics would use a phrase
> like "scoring binges and the adulation?" I don't know... Could this be
> Toine???

If you are talking Vescey sources on the Boston team, I guess it could be a
Kenny Anderson or someone even more peripheral and not travelling with the team.
In this case, I can't see Toine talking to a snake like Vescey, anymore that
he'd line up followup interviews with Peter May and Sam Smith. Who knows who
talked to Vescey, but it just doesn't add up. While we're at it, why not reopen
the solid case against Antoine being the second shooter in the JFK
assassination?

Speaking of Peter May, did you all get a chance to read his opinion in the
Sunday Globe that the Celtics ought to trade our first round draft  picks for
Howard Eisley. This one is worth saving for posterity. What a doosh. What a
cream stain.

-------

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/105/sports/Celtics_should_hammer_out_trade_to_rebuild+.shtml

Celtics should hammer out trade to rebuild
By Peter May, 4/15/2001
"(...)The Celtics should target a veteran point guard and go after him - hard -
with the draft picks and somebody on their roster. If it has to be Walker, so be
it. He and the picks might even bring two decent players. The other option is to
target a backup point guard, someone like Howard Eisley, and offer the picks and
a lesser player."