Re: Best Draft Scenarios: A) No Movement

Way Of The Ray wrote:

> If the status quo hold for the celtics and they wind up
> with the 10th, 11th, and 20th picks, then this would
> be the best draft for the team:
>
> 10 - Joe Forte: In the era of the zone, you'd better have
> people who can hit the mid-and-long range jumper.

I'd agree with his selection. Appears to be a good third scorer. Not as
explosive as Courtney Alexander would have been, but not as chemically
inept either...

> 11 - Zack Randolph: Can be an impact power forward
> in time.

Are we willing to give him the 2-3 years for him to do it or are we in a
situation where we have to make the big jump NOW?

> 20 - Best point guard available who can shoot. Rashad
> Phillips of Detroit fits the bill, although most reports, foolishly
> have him rated much lower.
> Ray

I actually got to see a tape of him - I know why you're so high on him,
Ray. Wow, he really has all the fundamentals that we've lacked in our
point guards for sometime now. Would make a very nice pick.

Other than questioning whether or not we can wait on Zack - give me your
draft and I'll think we've done real well. Two of the few things that
would make me happier would be is if a top talent like Paul Pierce was
fell through to us OR if we won a top 3 pick, though knowing our luck as
someone said yesterday, we'll be losing our Denver pick this year!