Re: Roster???

kai_brunnen_g@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Hello. Let me introduce myself. I am Chris Wallace and I start
> shaking uncontrollably everytime Moiso's name is mentioned.
> Ray

One thing to be careful of, I don't remember once reading or hearing Chris
Wallace praise Moiso that much (please correct me, though, I might be wrong).
As far as I remember, it was all Poultrino the day after the draft and
throughout training camp. This much I'll give, it really is hard to sort out
between the two who should take the "blame" for various trades and
acquisitions.

I'd say a lot of the trades do seem to have Poultrino's fingerlinkin' marks on
them though. And one of the few things we do know, Chris Wallace did like
McGrady the year Pitino overroad unanimous votes against Ron Mercer.

I do also think the 2001 draft scouting process needs to be as innoculated as
possible from any dramatic change in the front office. If Pond scum brings in
a new GM two weeks before the draft, that's not going to help the team's
chances in making the best call with the 10th and 11th picks. Looking back on
the past ten drafts, its actually almost guaranteed you will have two future
NBA All Stars or more available with those picks. We just need to not screw up
our scouting and evaluation. And we should definitely take the best players
available regardless of position.

For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Troy Murphy is an option when we pick
and I wouldn't be surprised if old school Red likes him (and Pond scum too).
The question is will he have a Dino-level impact in the NBA or will he be the
next Michael "The Vegetable" Smith? In this sense, Boston really needs to be
watching game tapes 24/7 all the way until draft day and take a smart approach
to the evaluations. Really 24/7 scouting evaluations is what we need right
now.

----