Re: My case against Obie and Chris Wallace

--- You wrote:
The players and almost everyone on the list seem to be in favor of retaining
O'Brien and Wallace. I'm not, and here's why:

This is a terrible, terrible rebounding team, and yet every time these two
discuss the roster it begins and ends with Walker at PF and "our three
centers hold their own..."
<...>
--- end of quote ---
.
Mark is absolutely right on with these points. This is my main reason for not
supporting Obie's return next season as well. He's done a nice job, bu like
Mark says, has given no indication that he understands the severity of the
problem. Same for Wallace: he might be a great GM who got overridden by Pitino,
or he might Pitino's ideological comrade as far as team-building philosophy is
concerned. We don't know that now, and I'd rather not find out too late that he
is the latter. He was rumored to be interviewing for jobs, so he might be
packing his bags already. Assuming Gaston doesn't sell, he has to get someone
to run the basketball operations very soon , or stick with the same crew for
next year. It's ultimately up to him, and so far his record has been
disastrous.