Re: Walker performance vs. Washington

>>This team will never progress with Antoine Walker
wanting the touches he wants and jacking 10 3's
a game. >>

The team progressed fine when Spintino finally left.
As much as y'all like to diss on our best player,
Antoine Walker, if not for him then now we would never
even be close to the playoffs.  I believe Alex has on
more than one occassion effectively shot down the
"Toine takes too many 3's" argument", to which none of
you could counter but rather simply chose to ignore.

Trading Toine now would be STUPID.  We need to upgrade
our weaknesses (upgrade the 1 and 5 positions) rather
than trade our strengths and put Walker, Pierce, and
O'Brien in a better situation to win.  There is no
doubt in my mind that after Walker and Pierce, our
3-12 players are amongst the worst in the league.  I
don't care what Pitino did in college but as the
Celtics coach he was horrible.  If not for him, we
make the playoffs this year.  O'Brien did a far
superior job with the team and with a far tougher
schedule and an injured Tony Battie.

We will have 3 draft picks to use as capital for next
year.  And a far superior coach.  And we will have
Battie and Kenny back.  On paper, at least, the C's
are a playoff team for next year and the analysts will
predict such, which is something that couldn't be said
for almost a decade.  The team is finally starting to
take clear steps in the right direction, and all y'all
want to do is talk about breaking it up.  Baffling.