RE: Back on the Radar Screen?

> Did last night's performances by Herren, Griffin & McCarty put them back in
> Celtic future plans?

Laughing, No! The Lakers didn't take the second half of the game seriously,
which allowed the C's to make the score closer that it had a right to be.
Mike Penberthy, giggle.

The new Head of Basketball Operations will want to bring in his own players
and projects. McCarty could last, because he has another year on his contract,
but Herren and Griffin will basically only receive training camp invites, if that.

 For a long time it looked like Herren & Griffin were
> toast at year's end.
> While I love Stith and value Brown, I can see management choosing the much
> cheaper option - Griffin - over FA Stith who may cost 5 times as much to
> resign.

Griffin maybe gets a training camp invite, where he might make the team, that's about
all. And Stith, who knows? Depends what the new Basketball Guy wants to
do. They may draft a shooting guard and bypass Stith. They may be leery
of approaching the luxury tax cutoff.

 I can also see the oft-injured Brown becoming an Assistant Coach and
> having Herren back in the picture. McCarty may get another chance in his walk
> year.

Brown, once again not a given. New Basketball Guy equals a new direction.

> Much of this will depend on what happens in the draft. If the Celtics are
> able to draft a PG who can play meaningful minutes will they dump Anderson
> and risk going with 3 young points? I would but it's not my money. Perhaps if
> they choose Adrian over Bryant the savings will make Kenny's salary more
> palatable and they will do what it takes to unload him -- even if it's just
> for the roster spot.

They won't dump Anderson. A buyout will have to occur. That's why they've
buried him on the bench. They want Anderson to agree to a buyout of his
contract on terms equitable to them.

> Last night's games made our playoff return a lot more difficult. The results
> weren't totally unexpected but that doesn't change things. Make it or not,
> I'm excited about our possible draft picks and the development of this team.
>
> Keep Pierce and Walker and keep building. I don't want to start over with a
> selfish chemistry problem in their place.

Kobe is an impact player. Walker and Pierce aren't in his league.
How good is Kobe?  Phoenix is rumored to have offered Kidd
and Marion for him. That's darn good.
Ray