Re: Why did we sign Randy Brown? Antoine should be the PG

Randy was brought in for his leadership, not his point guard play.  With
the development of POierce and Walker, that leasdership seems to have paid
off.  Recent newspaper accounts intimate that Randy will retire at the end
of the year and accept a job with the organization.

I agree that Walker deserves some credit for his ability to pass the ball,
but he is not a true point.  He always initiates his drive from the
baseline, so he really doesn't have a laydown move for the center.  He'll
get most of his assists from kickouts to the corner for wide open 3s.  A
classic point guard (like Milt), initiates his drive from the top of the
key, which allows him to lay down to Blount or kick it to V for the 15
foot jumper.  We really need a point guard if we're to get any
contribution from our centers.

The team as it is currently constituted is good enough to make the
playoffs (even though they might fall short).

****dave