A silk purse from a sows ear?

Title: A silk purse from a sows ear?
Posted by John Lydel to igtc.com
       *******************

Its official, Walker is closer to a  3 !

I just got it from my kids Nickelodeon book on basketball.
Here are the definitions

3 - average NBA height 6-8, weight 222

The most versatile player on the floor. Must be able to do it all. Combines the best qualities of guard & forward.

Grant Hill's essentials: You must have an outside shot and shoot and dribble form the perimeter and defend. You also have to play inside at times.

4 - Average height 6-9 weight 243

A big bruiser who must be willing to bang bodies under the boards. Goes after every offensive & defensive rebound. Needs a reliable short jumper and the ability to fight off defense.

C Webb's  essentials: Score inside, block shots and rebound. Be prepared for physical play.

Boy if they had only released this last year for Pitino !
   I can add; if only Walker had taken Pitino's advice three years ago and worked out to get a Scotty Pippin type body.
   I did see that a Pierce, Vitaly/Blount, Battie, front line was  effective. O'Brien used it a little more than he has done in the past. I have yet to see Walker on the floor with two bigger players.
   I shudder to think what would happen if he were quarded by the quicker threes or how many they would sdcore off him.
   Walker has the body of a four and the mind of a three. Is that the definition of a true tweener? It's sad in a way. Walker has a lot of heart and really wants to win, but he also wants to be Kobe or Kevin Garnette and he just is never going to be quick enough or have the hops.

JB

--

Unchain My Heart!