Herald: Pierce Released From The Hospital

Pierce released from hospital

Thursday, September 28, 2000

A visibly scarred Boston Celtics forward Paul Pierce was released from
the hospital this morning, saying he felt good and was looking forward
to a quick recovery.

Pierce, wearing a gray shirt and dark glasses that partially covered
cuts over his right eye, thanked the hospital staff and said the doctors
did a "great job."

"I feel good," he said. "I can't wait to get back out on the basketball
court with my Celtics teammates."

Pierce, stabbed multiple times at a night club early Monday, was
expected to be released Thursday from the New England Medical Center
where was he was treated for wounds to his face, neck and back.

Chris Wallace on Pierce
http://www.bostonherald.com/sport/basketball/cs09282000.htm

Gelzinis Commentary on Made Men
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/gelzinis09282000.htm