Condemning

I am an avid reader of this list and find the postings to be informative and
with great insight.  I was horrified to read today of Paul Pearce's
traumatic situation and am very happy on a human level that he is all right
and quite frankly, even more relieved on a Celtic fan level.  I guess that
is my point.  If there is any question about Pearce being at night clubs or
Walker up for an egg McMuffin at 4:00 a.m., are we being judgmental about
these young people and holding them to a higher standard because we are
Celtic fans and as they go, so to the Celtics?  At 22, I can remember a lot
of times that I put myself into danger with alcohol, staying out late, etc.
Ever at 32 and I am not far from that now, I can remember incidents.  The
only difference is that you are not going to read about me and the Celtics
aren't going to tank the season in my absence.

Again, I am very happy that all is right with Paul Pearce and glad for him
and his family that he has come out of it safely.  The rest of it, namely
the concern for the team, any expectations that I could have placed on him
because of his role on the team, being a hero to the young, that's all
irrelevant.

Richard Quan

Email: rquan@sympatico.ca (Home and MSN Messenger)
     rquan1@hotmail.com (Webmail)