Wotupski: The Friggin Celtics

http://www.onhoops.com/content/articles/Aug2000/celts.html

The Friggin' Celtics

August 28, 2000, Sir Arthur Wotupski.
Hello all, I hope your summer is going better than mine. I was driving
to Vermont Friday, listening to the local sports radio station, waiting
for the replay of a recent Antoine Walker interview. I must admit, I was
excited to hear what our "star" had to say about the summer, the
off-season moves, the team, the coach, and the future. I was hoping that
my opinions of our stud and our team would change. I was wrong. I am
more angry and frustrated now than I have been any time in the last 7
years.

We suck. And we are going to suck for at least another 3-4 years.

We have a immature, ignorant, STUPID baby who is supposed to be a
premier, top 10, Star in the league.

Our coach is a evil, selfish, liar, who cares more about the crease in
his Armani suit than the number in the W column.

Our owner is a cheap stingy bastard, who cares more about making money
than winning.

We have no center.

We have no cap-room.

We have no players who are wanted elsewhere.

We stink and we suck.

For all those die-hard Boston fans out there, you need to wake up and
think for once. I am a true Boston fan, and I have tried to stick by
this crappy team for a long time now.

There are too many problems to get into specifics. Our coach is overpaid
and does not have the vision, respect, or discipline to coach and be
president of a professional basketball team. He is a college coach,
someone who wants to make a difference with his players lives. He is not
trustworthy, and has done nothing to prove that he really cares about
the future of this team. Time and again he has made horrible moves.
Moves that make me (and should make you) sick. He makes rash-decisions.
He is a child. I expect all of you, to demand that Coach Pitino really
step down after this season if we do not make the play-off's. He said he
would. He promised.

Pitino is a scoundral. He is a sneak. He is pimping his bitches, The
Boston Celtics. He might be worse than ML Carr. And I'm not kidding. He
is really that bad. Think of all the horrible trades we have made. Think
of all the stupid contracts we have. How can one person ruin a team so
bad?

The only thing I can think of is that the Lakers, who work under a
different salary cap as the rest of the NBA, paid the Celtics to stay
bad. This is the only rational explanation for Pitino and his horrid
actions.

Now to Walker.

I hate Antoine Walker. And I hate all of you who stand by him. I don't
care if he is the MVP this year. He has ruined my winters for 4 years
now.

On Friday, a talk radio personality asked Antoine if he thought that he
should lose weight, train harder, eat better, be more disciplined. -
Dumb ass Antoine replied saying that he is not the person to be worried
about. The best player on the team shouldn't be the one spoken to. He
just doesn't get what a real superstar gets. He doesn't really want to
win, he wants to get paid. He thinks that if he gets 20 & 10 and the
Celtics are 0-82 than he had a good season. He does not care about the
fans, about the city, or about winning.

This gives truth to the statement that Antoine is a loser. You will
never hear such things from real star athletes. Don't be tricked,
Antoine is Isaiah Rider. He cares more about partying at nightclubs than
winning. He is not disciplined, he IS over weight, and he will not
commit to become a winner. He does not get what it takes to be a winner.

It came as a surprise to me to hear such a dumb person speak. I thought
he had some type of intelligence, but now I think different. He may be
the best player on the team (Pierce is just as good), but he is not a
star. Think of his all-star game premier. Chucking up three pointers,
playing out of position, being a loser.

Basically the Celtics are going to be bad for a long time. We need to
rid ourselves of Walker and Pitino and the wacky overpriced players on
our roster like Tony Battie.

We need to get rid of these bad seeds, and get a real winner in here to
run the show. Basically, we need Larry (CN: Carlton?)

At this time the future of the Celtics will be very similar to the past
three years. We will watch the team win games they shouldn't win, and
lose games they should. We will see them compete for the 8th playoff
spot, only to lose out to teams who play harder, and who are more
disciplined. Year by year we will watch teams like Orlando, Philly,
Toronto, New Jersey get better, while we stay the same and get older. We
will continue to be lied to. We will continue to support a medicore
team. We will become the Wizards and the Clippers. Eventually we will
change the team name so as to not disrespect the franchise any longer.

It kills me to know that the C's and Lakers of the 80's fell at about
the same time.

The Lakers won a championship last year and have now signed Isaiah
Rider...

We simply suck again and that's it.

Pitino and Walker, if you guys are reading this, please leave me and my
city. We would be much better without the both of you. I hate you.

(CN: Yeah, but tell us how you really feel...)

- Sir Arthur Wotupski