Celtic Notes Part I - 9/19

Read on if you dare
Of the things I say, you shall fear....

- The Rick Pitino TV show is no more. Bad ratings and lack of interest
in the Celtics shut it down.

- Look for Chris Herren to be a Celtic eventually, and for Pitino and
the coaching staff to bring him along slowly as the third
point guard behind Brown. C's are acutely aware of Herren's
past problems coping with pressure, and want to avoid a
rehab relapse.

- BskBall of Bskball.com says there's a group trying to
get Paul Gaston to name a price for the Celtics, and then
they would try bring Larry Bird in.... presumably to run things.

- There's a nice article in Sunday's New York Times about Bill
Russell.  It's here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2000/09/17/sports/17RUSS.html

- Pitino at Indiana: At first I couldn't see it, but now the possibility

of it happening after this season, looks interesting to me. The Celtics
fail to make the playoffs; the Hoosiers struggle in the Big Ten.
Discontent grows in Indiana; malice promulgates in Boston.
IU needs a big name coach to take the edge of the Knight firing;
the Celtics need to escape Pitino's managerial ineptitude.....
Ray