Bskball on Pitino to Indiana

http://www.bskball.com/Rumors.htm

09/14-PITINO TO INDIANA- Its starting folks...the rumors of Pitino to
the University of Indiana have begun.... Clearly Rick Pitino is not
being as a successful in the NBA as he was in college. Although he has
total control, its not like college were kids are lining up to come to
your program. Rick's mistakes as a personnel man, go literally
unmatched...I mean you could bag on Don Nelson, but he does have some
talent now, so many of those moves don't look so silly. But Rick's
problems are deeper rooted, and he is not happy with what he's
accomplished. This summer rumors abounded that he would be leaving the
Celtics to pursue a new college job. Rick quickly put those rumors to
bed saying he had unfinished business in Boston. Although he did offer
to step down, and let the C's off the hook for what they owed him.
Celtics owner Paul Gaston, reassured Rick that ownership was happy, and
ownership understood the trials he was undergoing. Rick vowed this would
be his last non-playoff year in the NBA, basically saying if he and the
Celtics were not in the playoffs this year, he would step down. With the
"aggressive" personnel moves the Celtics have made, it more likely than
not, they may not be a playoff team, and the Pitino era in Boston could
be over--- I am not sleeping on the C's, but they didn't improve their
starting core-- Should that be the case, immediately the media and the
fanatics in Indiana have developed their short list of coaches the
Hoosiers should go after, and Big Rick is at the top of the list. So
while the Celtics gear up for training camp, and maybe Rick's final run
as the Screaming General in Boston. Be ready to hear this rumor all
year, or at least until Rick says he doesn't want the job.
EDITORIAL NOTE-
I do like this Celtics team, I think if they stay healthy and get
committed to each other, they have enough talent to be a playoff team.
But history has shown these guys don't like playing together very much.
Maybe the new veterans can change that.