Re: Pack, etc.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene Kirkpatrick <GKIR@tjc.tyler.cc.tx.us>
Subject: Pack, etc.

> I think that Pack has more potential than anyone but Walker to elevate
> this team to a new level.

Gene, I have to think that you're seeing Pack for what he might have been,
rather than what he is.  I do admit that I'm looking forward to seeing this
guy play in Green after hearing how talented he is, but his injury history
simply can't be ignored and, at thity-something years old, it's unrealistic
to think it's going to get any better.  If there were an offer on the table
for Pack that brought a young point guard with long term promise, I would
think the Celtics would have to take it.  As things stand right now, either
Pack, Brown or Anderson is going to have to ride the pine, and I don't see
any of them liking it.  Someone like Herren could maybe be placated by the
thought that he's serving an apprenticeship until Kenny's gone.  Ultimately
Pack and Brown will likely take turns on the injured list, given their
histories, probably legitimately.

Jim