Not chopped liver.

    A very consistent effort. Battie started at center and was as active and
effective as I have ever seen. He wants to start and if he plays like this he
should. He was very aggressive on the boards and took the shots that were
given him.
    At no point, even as they clanged free throw after free throw, did I
think they could lose this one, even though it was close, most of the way.
There was a confidence and defensive effort that has not been with this team
before.
    I did have a moment of anxiety when Pitino started subbing in the first
half. He made one move, then another, to a team that had a nice pace (Kenny
had 8 assists in the first half, then ran out of gas, but still played well).
All of a sudden, it was three more, all at once, and the "Headless Chicken"
outbreak. We lost our momentum momentarily, but fought back. Soon we had
control of the game again. Thanks mostly to Griffen, although Brown, while
not spectacular, holds the unit together like Dana never could.
    Anderson, was a pass first PG. Lots of spunk and ran the floor. You have
to notice, and Heinsohn mentioned it, that often he was the only one running.
    Pierce opened the second half on fire. The game was won there.
    Adrien started to score. He went to the hoop and hit a jumper or two. The
best part of his game though was creating for the others. Pierce and Griffen
were doing this all night.
    Walker was very quiet. He scored his twenty, and some clutch baskets at
that, but he had one rebound and two assists.
    Blount was more than adequate. Vitally was a foul magnet again (played 5
minutes) and Blount played a lot of minutes. He and Battie controlled Amaechi
and scored also. Blount can also find the open man, a very good thing in a
center.
    Walter played very well. He didn't play in the first half, but scored 9
points in 11 minutes while pressing in the middle stages of the second half,
when Orlando was trying to get back in the game. He only took one three and
hit it.
    There will be some tough choices.
    Carr was much more effective than Stith. Stith is the better defender,
but we have Griffen, who won his spot last night.
    Williams didn't score much, but was active on the glass and played very
smart.
    I think it comes down to Stith and Moiso/McCarty if Herren is healthy.
Walter may have won his spot also, but Moiso grabbed four rebounds and showed
just enough offensive moves to scare anyone trying to deny him his shooting
spots.