Re: Garnett?

The difference in this case is they have the T-Wolves dead to rights. They
were dumb enough to put the "secret" agreement in writing. It's one thing
when it's a promise--GMs have gone back on those (see Lakers and Rice), so
players assume some risk. But the Wolves put it in writing, and they got
caught. That's the difference.

And yes, under my scenario, the Blazers also would lose Carter, but they
didn't have him to begin with. They really only lose draft picks.

I just believe this is one of those issues the NBA has to treat seriously.
Send the message that the penalty isn't that bad, and there will be
under-the-table deals all over the place.

Mark