Re: It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

--- Dan Forant wrote:
Pitino is best known for bringing in sets of players that don't compliment
themselves to the team.
--- end of quote ---

Now, I know that today's players aren't the most modest of people, but complimenting themselves, to the whole team no less, is really pushing the bounds of propriety...

--- JBMetzEA wrote:
>most dysfunctional lineup we could ever hope to see on the floor together.
>Myskinis, Moiso, McCarty, Carr and Elliot. Soon the lead was gone and as the
>starters made their way back in the lineup, they really couldn't get the
>same magic going again.
--- end of quote ---

I understand that Pitino wants to look at players, but the only one in this lineup who's worth looking at, IMO, is Moiso, and even he's been missing for two games. Even a blind man can see that Miskiri is not NBA material, we all know about Wallah, Elliott is a guaranteed cut, and I bet Wallace is calling around and trying to dump Carr for a 7th round pick in 2043 and cap filler as we speak.Still, unless Pitino's trying to see how they respond in the worst possible situation, there's no sense having them on the court at the same time. This was reminiscent of last year when the starters went out, but worse.

--- JBMetzEA wrote:
>Then came the real bad news, late in the second quarter,
>Herren stepped back on someone's foot and rolled his ankle. He couldn't put
>any pressure on his foot and was helped to the dressing room, never to
>return. Sprained ankle they said.
--- end of quote ---

The bad news is, it was an eversion sprain (ankle rolling in). The very strong deltoid ligament on the medial side usually doesn't tear completely, but gets partially ripped off the bone with little bone chunks still attached to it, what's called avulsion. If that happens, you're looking at a month or two in a cast. Besides, there are tendons of important push-off and stabilizer muscles (tibialis posterior, flexors hallucis and digitorum etc.) in that area that can also get affected in an eversion sprain. The goods news is that he didn't *land* on someone's ankle - he *stepped* on it. So maybe it's not so bad. Still, Adrian last year in Chicago just stepped on someone's ankle, too, and his year was basically finished. It would be a pity, because Herren has looked very promising the last 2 games.

--- JBMetzEA wrote:
> Kenny immediately came in and played brilliantly. Washington was up by
>one and the lead went to seven by half time. Anderson played well through
--- end of quote ---

Kenny showed why, warts and all, we can't just dump him for nothing - even if we could. Like him or not, he's one of our "New Big Three" in terms of scoring. And he can still pass when he wants to, and hopefully, having strong backups this year will make him want.

Kestas