Beyond Herren

    Paul Pierce's recovery is the story of the year, no doubt. He did look
quicker and very easy in his offense. No hesitation, no doubts.
    Adrian Griffen is back. I thank the Lord that I get to see him play the
game as it should be played.
    Antoine played well, he was not the story of the game. Almost an
afterthought, but he was productive. He got his offense off the flow of the
game, but he got zero assists, which is alarming.
    I loved watching this game because of the unselfish play throughout the
lineup. Even Chris Carr who hit a couple of easy threes, looked good in the
transition game, with a few sweet passes.
    My seventeen year old son (the hockey player/wrestler, whose main
interests are food and girls) asked me after the game how the team did. I
told him that if the team could play unselfishly like this, they would have a
great season. He asked, in an innocence only he can muster: "don't you say
that every year? Why can't they play that way all the time? It's Antoine
isn't it? How can he play a whole game with no assists?"
    In fact, for the last three seasons, I have said it. Each year the team
has impressed me in training camp, with that unselfish, team play, that had
become the Celtic's trademark in their reigns as champions. Each year, one
man spoils it. Not Kenny Anderson, in my opinion, but Antoine.
JB